I love makeup. Simple as. Take me into a Sephora and I’ll drop €250 in less than 20 minutes without batting an eyelash. So, when it came to thinking about what makeup I could fit in my backpack for 5 months travelling it kind of gave me anxiety. I will never be one to forgo makeup completely in favour of my natural glow, but how do I cut back to the bare minimum? With two weeks to go, here is what is in my makeup bag (for now!)
- 1 x Good moisturiser with SPF. Exposure to the sun for long periods of time, will ultimately have an effect on my skin. Therefore, a good quality moisturiser with SPF is an essential in my eyes. It should follow your normal skincare routine and be applied approximately 10 minutes prior to applying any makeup. Tinted options are available if you want to go more bare faced, but feel naked without any coverage.
- 2 x Foundations as I know my colouring will progressively change. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation is my favourite this past while. I wear shades light-medium sand and tan sand. After experimenting with many brands over the years, I have recently stuck with Tarte. I really like this brand as it stops my skin from getting clogged up on my t zone and has good coverage without looking too heavy.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in shade ‘Soft Brown’. I feel naked without my brows and this product is a dream. You can apply it in different ways to achieve different levels of structure. I tend to use it to really define my brows using sharper lines for evening time but opt for more subtle shading of my natural brow shape during the day.
- 1 x Mascara – I am currently using L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Excess but I’m actually not that fussy with mascaras. I know some of you will completely disagree with me on this, but any of the ones I have tried have had pretty much the same effect on my lashes.
- 1 x Eyeliner – NYX Professional Matte Liquid Liner is my favourite so far! It goes on so easily and sticks so well!
- 1 x Eyeshadow Palette. I will bring my Kat Von D Shade + Contour eye shadow palette with me and probably will use this only in the evening time. It features a good variety of nude shades that look great with any outfit along with some Stronger shades including my favourite ‘Succubus’ – a burnt rust colour.
- 1 x Highlighter Palette. I love the Sephora Collection Illuminate palette
- 1 x Bronzer. I normally use Benefit Hoola Bronzer but I think I need to invest in a new one as I am scraping the pan!
- 2 x Lipsticks – one nude and one red. I think I will bring MAC ‘Velvet Teddy’ Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in ‘Cruella’
- 2 x Fake Lashes – some of you are probably laughing at this but I am packing two pairs of SOSU by SJ lashes. Sue and Dubai style are my favourite! I will also bring my black duo glue that I picked up in Penneys / Primark. I know I will want to dress up in Singapore so these are mainly for there!
- 1 x Setting Spray. I absolutely adore Make Up Forever Mist & Fix as well as keeping my makeup on all day it also gives the skin a gorgeous dewy finish
- 1 x Translucent Powder. My favourite is NYX Studio Finishing Powder I find it is almost identical to Laura Mercier and a fraction of the cost.
There’s also the makeup brushes, which I almost completely forgot about! I have managed to cut it down to the following which fit nicely into my brush bag:
I can totally see myself throwing in random bits and pieces, but, for now, this is what it looks like.