There’s nothing better than having a natural, glowing complexion. For most of us, this is not something we simply wake up to, but that does not mean that it cannot be achieved. I’ve pulled together my top tips on how to create a natural, dewy finish without excessive product use, so that you can recreate this look any day of the week.
- Start off by washing your face with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel. I like to use Académie Scientifique de Beauté Purifying Cleansing Gel. This product contains soothing ingredients that helps the skin feel fresh and pure.
- Next tone the face to remove any oil or traces of makeup/remaining cleanser.
- Apply an illuminating tinted moisturiser all over the face. Tinted Moisturiser is a lighter alternative to foundation that brightens dull skin when it’s dry and helps to regain moisture levels. If you prefer fuller coverage, opt for a light liquid foundation and only apply this where needed. The lighter the coverage the more naturally radiant your face will appear. My top picks are Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF20 (€48) or Clarins Hydra Quench Tinted Moisturiser SPF15 (€36).
- Apply a highlighter along the top of the cheek bones and up to the outer edge of the eye socket. I am loving Illamasqua Gleam in ‘Aurora’ (€22) at the moment but really want to get my hands on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit to see what all the fuss is about there!
- After highlighting, use a light eye shadow in cream, peach or metallic hues (depending on your skin tone) to give the eyes a wider, more awake look. Apply a thin layer of brown or black mascara.
- Finish with a moisturising lip balm – my all time favourite is Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil (€4.99).