24 Jan Review: KOH Beauty & Brows
Like most girls my age, I have always had a bit of a love hate relationship with my eyebrows. While the phrase “eyebrows are sisters, not twins”, was repeated time and time again, every salon I went to, I always hoped that one day they’d end up looking more alike (Non identical twins if you will!)
That was until I discovered KOH Beauty on Instagram. I was blown away by the transformations, and I couldn’t believe it when I found out that they are all achieved with a precise shape and custom tint. Immediately I sought an appointment and couldn’t wait to witness my own brow transformation.
A patch test is required at least 24 hours before your first treatment can be carried out. While you may have had countless tints and shapes, there are no compromises here. The strength of the product used can vary and it is every salon owners responsibility to ensure that had been done. Kathryn is a professional therapist, so no exceptions to this rule.
Overall, the treatment takes between 60 and 90 minutes and involves a variety of steps.
- On arrival, you will be asked to fill out a consultation form, just like with any other beauty treatment. This ensures that the treatment is safe for you and the therapist, and ensures that you are not having any other treatments that will affect your results.
- Kathryn will then ask you about your brows and any issues you may have with them. During this conversation she will discuss your hopes for the treatment, and will set expectations. You will agree on the colour of the tint and ensure that you are happy and comfortable to proceed with the treatment.
- After measuring the brows (very accurately), Kathryn will mark out guidelines that she will follow to create your perfect brow shape.
- Next, she will thread and tweeze any stray hairs to define the shape
- Finally, the tint is applied. While this may take longer than your regular tint, I promise you that it is worth every minute!
- Once the process is complete, Kathryn will reveal your ‘new’ brows…
The End Result
When Kathryn held up the mirror and revealed my brows, I almost cried. I literally could not believe that they were my eyebrows and actually welled up! The difference the treatment made to my overall face shape was amazing.
The full effect of the treatment lasts about 3 weeks. If the tint has been used to fill gaps, and essentially colour the skin, it won’t last as long in these areas. That being said, the tint does leave a shadow so you will be able to fill in your brows yourself, following the guideline.
Kathryn is such a lovely person, with such a keen eye for detail. She is a perfectionist in her work and puts her heart and soul into every single treatment. I have since booked in for my second appointment and will continue to do so every month.
For more information, or to book an appointment, you can contact Kathryn directly on 087 772 1531. Be sure to check out her Instagram @kohbeauty to see all of the amazing transformations she has done for her clients.