I recently had an operation (that I will go through another time) which left my stomach super bloated and in quite a lot of pain. So, I searched high and low gathering a list of anti-inflammatory ingredients that I could mix into something tasty to help my stomach.
The bloat-fighting ingredients I incorporated include ginger, turmeric, avocado, walnuts & banana which all have natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- 100ml non-dairy milk (soy/almond)
- Handful of frozen berries – strawberries & raspberries are great
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 small avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Walnuts to decorate
- Place all ingredients (except walnuts) into your blender. I use my NutriBullet cause it’s super fast!
- Keep blending until you have a smooth mixture
- Add more milk or water depending on the consistency. I like my smoothie bowls nice and thick, but others prefer a more liquid mix.
- Pour into a bowl and add walnuts on top
- Enjoy your ‘Beat the Bloat’ creation and share your pics on instagram with #annmariejudge
Add the ginger gradually! This ingredient is quite strong and overpowering so I’d recommend adding a little, tasting, and if you want to, then add some more.